Two of the San Mateo County Harbor District's Commission seats will be expiring this fall, and interested parties are encouraged to consider running for election. The nomination period is from July 16 - August 10. For required nomination documents, details and information, go to San Mateo County Elections.
The San Mateo County Elections office is offering Candidate Seminars for information about running for public office. See below for dates/times/locations along with a link to the San Mateo County Elections Office:
- First Candidate Seminar, July 11, 2018, 10 a.m., Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo. First Data Seminar will be held immediately following the end of the Candidate Seminar, in the same location.
- Second Candidate Seminar, July 26, 2018, 2 p.m., Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo. Second Data Seminar will be held immediately following the end of the Candidate Seminar, in the same location.
- July 16, 2018 - August 10, 2018 - Candidate filing period.
- August 10, 2018 - last day for special district candidate who has qualified for the ballot to withdraw candidacy.
- August 15, 2018 - Candidate extension due to incumbant not running.
For more information, see the San Mateo County Elections website.
Elections Procedures for the Board of Harbor Commissioners:
The San Mateo County Harbor District is governed by a 5-member Board of Harbor Commissioners. Candidates for a Commissioner position must reside in San Mateo County and be a qualified elector.
The terms of office are staggered and the term of each Board Commissioner (unless appointed to fill a vacancy) is four years. The General Election for the San Mateo County Harbor District is held in November of each even-numbered year.
For additional information and/or to inqure about registration deadlines, please contact the San Mateo County Elections Office at 650-312-5222 or at the San Mateo County Elections site at SMC Elections