Spring Checklist for Boaters
Before You Launch
- Replace anodes/zincs that are more than half wasted.
- Inspect lower unit oil level and top off as necessary.
- Inspect fire extinguishers. Replace if more than 12 years from the date of manufacture or if age is unknown. More than 40 million Kidde extinguishers with plastic handles were recalled on November 2, 2017. Push this link to see if your extinugisher was included in this recall. https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/kidde-recalls-fire-extinguishers-with-plastic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and
- Update paper charts and chart plotter sofware. https://www.boatus.com/expert-advice/expert-advice-archive/2019/april/have-you-updated-your-chartplotter-software
- Get a free vessel safety check from the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary or U.S. Power Squadrons. Find out more at this link. http://cgaux.org/vsc/