On March 17, 2020, the Governor issued Executive Order N-29-20 suspending certain provisions of the Ralph M. Brown Act in order to allow for local legislative bodies to conduct their meetings telephonically or by other electronic means. Pursuant to the Shelter-in-Place Order issued by the San Mateo County Health Officer on March 16, 2020, as revised on March 31, 2020, the statewide Shelter-in-Place Order issued by the Governor in Executive Order N-33-20 on March 19, 2020, and the CDC’s social distancing guidelines which discourage large public gatherings, the Boardroom will not be open for the May 20, 2020 Regular Meeting of the San Mateo County Board of Harbor Commissioners. The Meeting will be conducted remotely via video/teleconference.
The Public may watch and/or participate in the public meeting by joining the meeting through the Zoom Videoconference link provided below. The public may also join the meeting by calling the below listed teleconference phone number. Further instructions on how to make public comments throughout the videoconference or teleconference will be provided at the District website at www.smharbor.com.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable modification or accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), please contact Lori Milward, Acting Deputy Secretary at (redacted) or (650) 583-4400 prior to this meeting for assistance.
HOW TO JOIN THE MEETING:
The meeting will begin at 6:30 pm. Whether you participate online or by phone, you may wish to "arrive" early so that you can address any technology questions prior to the start.
ONLINE VIEWING AND PARTICIPATION:
Please click the link below or enter it into your browser to join via Zoom web app:
If you have not used Zoom on your computer before, you will be prompted to download and install the Zoom software on your computer. If it is already installed, you may still be prompted to allow Zoom to run. Please enable the software to download and run to join the meeting via computer.
- ·BY COMPUTER AUDIO: When joining via the Zoom app, you will automatically be joined in via computer audio. You may be prompted to confirm that you wish to join via computer audio.
- Please ensure your computers speakers are enabled and sound is switched on
- BY PHONE: If you are unable to join via computer, or do not have speakers or a microphone on your computer, you can dial in for audio. You may call any one of the meeting numbers below and enter the meeting ID and password when prompted.
+1 669 900 6833 (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 (US)
+1 301 715 8592 (US)
+1 312 626 6799 (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 (New York)
+1 877 853 5257 (Toll Free)
+1 888 475 4499 (Toll Free)
· Meeting ID: 889 2505 3484
- Meeting Password: 219102
HOW TO MAKE A PUBLIC COMMENT OR ASK A QUESTION:
If you would like to speak during the public comment portion of the meeting, you have the following options:
- ONLINE: Raise your hand in the meeting controls at the bottom of your screen or use the chat function to submit your comments. Comments made via chat are visible to all participants.
- If you plan to use the chat function, please ensure the drop-down box is set to “Everyone”, and not to one Host in particular. Private chat messages can not be addressed.
- PHONE: Press *9 to raise your hand to request to be unmuted to make comments.
Note: Please request to speak using the method from which you prefer to comment. For example, if you are joining via computer (for viewing) and phone (for audio/commenting), please raise your hand by dialing *9 on the phone if you wish to use your phone to speak. If you wish to use your computer, please raise hand using the meeting controls at the bottom of your screen.Virtual Board Meeting Access Instructions - May 2020.docx